Founded Nov. 24, 1908
From: "Newark, the City of Industry" Published by the Newark Board of Trade 1912
The banking interests of Newark are perhaps the strongest support of the manufacturing and mercantile interests of our city, and, while working in alliance with these interests in all their legitimate phases, each appreciably influences and partakes of the tone and methods of the others. One of the staunch and important banking institutions of Newark is the Newark Trust Company, occupying quarters at 853 Broad Street. This bank was incorporated in November, 1908, and began business in February of the following year, since when it has been conducting a steady expanding enterprise.
The company allows 2% interest on checking accounts with balances of $500 or over, and 4% in its Investment Department on amounts from $2 to $3,000. It welcomes both large and small accounts.
The bank has every facility at its command for the prompt, careful and accurate transaction of all foreign and domestic banking business entrusted to it and renders patrons highly satisfactory services. In its capacity as a Trust Company in handles estates for widows, minors, etc., and acts as executor, guardian, assignee or administrator as occasion demands.
About May 1, 1913 the Newark Trust Company will occupy new and larger quarters on the ground floor in the Kinney building now in course of construction, at the corner of Broad and Market Streets. The need of more commodious accommodations, due to the increasing volume of business entrusted to its care, has made this move imperative, and in the new building with its splendid location the required accommodations, has made this move imperative, and in the new building with its splendid location the required accommodations will doubtless be found. The space to be occupied will be 20 x 80 feet, with a mezzanine extending across the front to contain the bookkeepers. The banking room will be located on the south side of Broad Street entrance, and may be entered from Broad and Market Streets.
|Copyright 1998 - 2017 Glenn G. Geisheimer|