|Office Buildings Index|
February 4, 1912 - Making Test Borings for Kinney Building
February 11, 1912 - The New Kinney Building
August 11, 1912 - Work on New Four Corners Building Progresses
October 4, 1914 - Hit on Head by Iron Bar that Fell Seven Stories
From: Rider's Newark 1916
The Kinney Building, occupying the site of the Newark Daily Advertiser (now the Newark Evening Star), long owned and edited by William Burnet Kinney, who on his death in 1881 was succeeded by his son, the late Thomas T. Kinney. The Daily Advertiser was edited for a tie by Noah Brooks, and its staff included at various times, the Gilders and Stephen Crane, the novelist. On the opposite corner was the office of the Morning Register, edited by Richard Watson Gilder, and later by Dr. English.
The Kinney Building has on its Broad Street facade a bronze memorial tablet, marking the site of the home of Robert Treat, "the dominant spirit in the settlement of Newark, 1666."
|Copyright 1998 - 2017 Glenn G. Geisheimer|