Henry Ginsberg founded, owned and operated Newark Photo Studio. He moved the studio several times. For several years his studio was at 925 and also at 927 Broad St. When he retired in the late 50's or very early 60's he sold the business to George Ginsberg and he remained there until the urban renewal began in the area and then moved to Branford Place.
From the New York Times:
November 22, 1996, Section D, Page 19
George C. Ginsberg, a retired commercial photographer often called ''the penny philanthropist''for his modest but loyal contributions to scores of charities, died on Monday at his home in Springfield, N.J. He was 97.
George Ginsberg, Penny Philanthropist
On December 9, 1920, David Ginsberg, individually, as next friend of
Harry Ginsberg, and as administrator ad prosequendum of the estate of
George Ginsberg deceased, brought an action against the petitioner the
Delaware, Lackawanna Western Railroad Company, to recover damages for
injuries received by him and his two sons, Harry Ginsberg and George Ginsberg,
deceased, through its alleged negligent operation of one of its trains.
David Ginsberg was driving a truck in Morris county, N.J., on the road
leading from Wharton to Kenvil. The truck was struck at a point where
the road crosses the track of the petitioner, and the father and one son,
Harry, were seriously, and the other son, George, was fatally, injured.
Suit was begun in the Supreme Court of New Jersey in the Morris circuit,
and was removed on the ground of diversity of citizenship to the United
States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
|Copyright 1998 - 2020 Glenn G. Geisheimer|