|Radio & Television Index|
In 1944, the Frank Bremer (Bremer Broadcasting Corp) bought The Mosque Theatre at 1020 Broad Street, in preparation for television.
In 1947 -WAAT-FM (94.7) began operation.
In 1948 -WATV Channel 13 signed-on at New Jersey's first television station. The Mosque was known as "Television Centre Newark".
In 1958 - the three stations were sold to National Telefilm Associates to become WNTA-AM-FM-TV. In 1961, each was sold separately.
|Copyright 1998 - 2021 Glenn G. Geisheimer|